Jun 21, 2021
Today I am blessed to interview the man who helped invent
podcasting. Many people know him from his time as a VJ on MTV but
there is so much more to Adam than his leather jacket and golden
locks of hair.
- Born in Va but moved to the Netherlands when he was 7. He built
his first transistor radio when he was 15, and by 16 was a station
announcer for a hospital. He later worked on Dutch Pirate Radio,
and Radio Decibel in Amsterdam.
- He's also worked part-time in a computer store where he built
his own modem.
- Yes, he was on MTV as a DJ from 1987-1994.
- Seeing the power of the Internet he started OnRamp which turned
into Think New Ideas. 1996 Adam Curry served as CTO of Think New
Ideas. He built websites for Budweiser, bud light, and put together
the first Live Stream of the Grammys. (the sponsor was one of the
first digital cameras).
- Podshow (a podcast network, later renamed Mevio) was launched
2004 to 2014. It focused on selling ads for a cast of
- In 2005 hosted a show on Sirius Satelite Radio that
- In 2007 he launched the No Agenda Show with John C Divorak
which uses the value for value model.
He's part pirate, part broadcaster, part nerd, and part
businessman, he's the Podfather, and today we are talking
If you are a person who understands that having a website for
your podcast is important but doesn't have a clue how to build one.
You hate WordPress, and found Squarespace confusing, you can build
a beautiful podcast website in five minutes (just enter your RSS
feed and Podpage does the rest). See www.schoolofpodcasting.com/trypodpage
Topics Covered With Adam:
The problem with podcasting networks ( 7:20)
The history of the No Agenda Show (14:50)
What is Podcasting 2.0 and how to get started (27:05)
Mentioned in This Episode
Strike Bitcoin Wallet
Join the School of Podcasting
Avoid sounding unprofessional
Learn how to connect with your audience
Get your show listed in Apple, Spotify, Google and More
Go to www.schoolofpodcasting.com/start