Are you going to the New Media Expo this week? I am. You can meet me outside ballroom A on Friday at 4:30ish.
Here are some Tips for the Expo
1. Have your business cards with you at all times.
2. Have your elevatory pitch ready (www.15secondpitch.com )
3. Pace yourselves. If you come out of the gate too fast, you wil have nothing on Friday.
4. Bring some "instant food" (granola bars, power bars, Pop Tarts). Some of the parties ran out of food, and the cafeteria is expensive and extremley "OK."
5. Don't be afraid to talk to people. Just introduce yourselves, and the conversation wil start to flow. Don't com home with a giant list of regrest.
6. Keep moving. If you've set up a follow up appointment with someone, then move on to a new person.
7. Write on the back of the business card what you talked about, and email them when you get home.
8. Write on the business cards who you have an have not contacted.
BACK TO SCHOOL SPECIAL.
Get 20% off at the School of Podcasting by using the coupon code " bts " when you sign up now through October 8th.
Support This Show
Get 20% off your membership at the School of Podcasting using the coupon code bts when you sign up at www.schoolofpodcasting.com
Today we interview George Hrab from www.geologicpodcast.com a very creative podcast. George produces 15 different types of segments that he then uses to assemble his podcast. While you may not be able to pull off as many voices as George, this "pieces parts" approach to podcasting may make creating your podcast easier.
Meet me at the Expo at Friday at 4:15ish in front of Ballroom A
We are giving away a Podcast Studio USB from Behringer to a member in October.
Geologic Podcast www.geologicpodcast.com
George's Book "Non Coloring Book" www.lulu.com/georgehrab
Podcast Fast Pass www.podcastfastpass.com
New Media Expo http://www.newmediaexpo.com/incoming.php?linkid=1759
It's Back to School of and you can save 20% off your membership at the School of Podcasting (thorugh 10/1) when you use the coupon " bts " (short for back to school). Membership has its privledges as we will give away a Podcast Studio USB from Behringer to a member in October.
Also Members of the School of Podcasting we are having some great times at our roundtables. Recently Fred from www.strugglingentrepreneur.com interviewed Tim from www.sleddogpodcast.com so we are doing more than just Q&A.
In today's show I play around a bit with the Zoom H4 recorder. I mention that there are 3 setting for volume. You can adjust many increments in addition to those three. I mention that if you have an issue with finding a quiet area, you already do. It's called YOUR CAR.
I like the Zoom H4, I like its size, its battery, and the ability to record from XLR and 1/4." It has built in compressors and automatic recording level. I compare it to the Marantz MD660. The Zoom H4 doubles as a portable recorder AND a USB interface for recording. It also has a built in 4track recorder (great for musicians working on songs).
Last 5 in 5 From Brian and www.dimacast.com
Blowing Smoke (google could not find this pdcast)
Today in iPhone
The Rogues Gallery
Intro from Big Al Wagner of www.projectstudionetwork.com one of my favroite podcasts.
Other sites Mentioned
Quiet Study Area www.quietstudyarea.com